Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I don't know how they do it

I have to tip my hat to mothers out there.  I really don't know how you are able to workout with young children around. 
We had my sisters 3 kids from last Thursday until tonight.  They are 6, 4 and 2.  Oh my goodness those kids have to be constantly entertained, they don't go off and play on their own they have to be with you the entire time.  If you are not entertaining them then they are coming up to you wanting you to entertain them.  Yesterday I was going to do a workout when I got up well I came upstairs to find my mom looking zombie like on the couch because one of my nephews was up at 6 am and ended up waking up the other 2 shortly there after.  So my mom went back to sleep while I watched the kids and said I was going to do a workout when the boys start to fight then they start to cry.  So there went my mid morning workout so I had to resolve myself to working out when I got home from work at 10:30 pm. But that got interrupted because they wanted to help out.  No it is not cute when you are having to fight them to get your dumbbells back and you all resign to the fact that it's time to go to bed for everyone. 


So to all of you mom's out there that are able to workout around your children I commend you and hope that I don't end up beaning one of my children with a dumbbell if they get in my way when I workout.

1 comment:

  1. Been there...done that. Your kids learn real fast not to stand in the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete